Why Study in Australia from Nepal?
Australia is a modern, democratic country with great healthcare, world-class educational institutions and geography that’s like no place else on earth.
Being a safe location with a high standard of living, Australia is a wonderful place to study and explore, making it the 3rd most popular study destination in the world for international students. The country’s vibrant lifestyle, warm culture, and exceptional educational facilities have drawn students worldwide consistently. The following guide will help answer your query of Why study in Australia from Nepal?
Australia opens its border for international students from December 2021
The Education System to study in Australia from Nepal
Why Study in Australia from Nepal is a great choice?
- Universities in Australia are rated amongst the best in the world, with 8 of them ranked in the Top 100
- The Australian University system is even better than Germany and New Zealand (9th in the world)
- Most universities are located in capital cities that rank in the top 30 most liveable cities for students
- Over $200,000,000 is spent annually on international scholarships by the Government
- A huge number of international students choose Australia each year as their study destination, owing to its welcoming environment.
Rest assured, with a great education system in place, you can live, study and experience a culture with plenty of tourist attractions and well-equipped transportation facilities.
How much money is required to study in Australia from Nepal?
Whilst not remarkably economical, the cost of studying in Australia isn’t as expensive as some of the other western countries. The government is constantly offering scholarships for Nepalese students to study comfortably. As an international student, you’ll be expected to pay for your tuition in advance for each study period.
Here are some examples of course costs, listed in Australian dollars:
- School – up to $30,000 per year
- English language studies – around $3800 per week depending on course length
- Vocational Education and Training (Certificates I to IV, Diploma and Advanced Diploma) – $4,000 to $22,000
- Undergraduate Bachelor Degree – $15,000 to $33,000*
- Postgraduate Master’s Degree – $20,000 to $37,000*
- Doctoral Degree – $14,000 to $37,000*
* Note: this doesn’t include high-value courses like veterinary or medical.
How much money is required to study in Australia from Nepal?
|s.no.||Study expenses in Australia for international students||Average fees in AUD*|
|1||English language Courses||AUD 350 to 500 weekly (varies based on the course duration)|
|2||Vocational Education and Training (VET)||AUD 4000 to AUD 25,000 annually (scholarships available)|
|3||Undergraduate Degree||AUD 15,000 to 40,000 annually (scholarships available)|
|4||Postgraduate Degree||AUD 20,000 - 50,000 annually (scholarships available)|
|5||Doctoral Degree||AUD 20,000 - $60,000 annually (scholarships available)|
|s.no.||Accommodation expenses in Australia for international students||expenses (approx)|
|1||Hostels and Guesthouses||AUD 90 to 170 per week|
|2||Shared Rental||AUD 95 to 250 per week|
|3||On-campus||AUD 110 to 300 per week|
|4||Homestay||AUD 235 to 470 per week|
|5||Rental||AUD 185 to 500 per week|
|s.no.||Living expenses in Australia for international students||Weekly budget|
|1||Groceries and necessities||AUD 140 to 300|
|2||Gas and electricity||AUD 10 to 25|
|3||Internet and Phone||AUD 15 to 35|
|4||Public transport||AUD 30 to 65|
|5||Entertainment||AUD 80 to 170|
Visa requirements to study in Australia from Nepal
Australia has a stringent visa system in place, but with the right guidance, you will be able to walk your way through the process with ease.
To acquire the student visa, you must have enrolled in a course of study in Australia and show evidence of your financial capacity to pay the course fee and support yourself throughout your stay. Students under the age of 18 can also bring their parents to stay with them. Here is the process flow to apply for and obtain a student visa.
Here’s how it works:
- Register with AECC Global and talk with an education counsellor to study in Australia from Nepal.
- Apply to institutions with our help (We have a great working relationship with every one of them)
- Take IELTS test
- Receive offer letter from the institution
- Collect your Australian Student visa documents
- Pay tuition fee and receive your eCoE
- Lodge student visa medical
- Collect visa grant letter
Overseas Student Health Cover to study in Australia from Nepal
OSHC is one of the prerequisites to apply for the student visa. It is one of the documents you enclose while applying for the student visa. Apart from the fact it is mandatory, OSHC is very beneficial as it covers a wide range of medical expenses.
Healthcare system is very robust in Australia and it is costly also. Therefore purchasing OSHC to study in Australia is a smart financial decision. There are multiple players who provide this health insurance and it normally costs between $450 – $600 based on the plan you opt for.
Best places to study in Australia from Nepal
Students can explore online or with the help of our counsellors they can pick a bunch of top universities in these cities and shortlist the most favourable ones and apply. Except for Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane, the other cities in Australia are designated as regional cities and students who choose to study in these cities can avail amazing benefits such as special scholarships, extra PR points, and an extended stay in the country after studies.
Popular courses to study in Australia from Nepal
International students in Australia can study certificate courses, diploma, Bachelors, Masters and Doctoral degree. The programmes are designed in a way to give in-depth theoretical knowledge enhanced by practical learning.
Additionally, internships and industry engagement are integral parts of learning in Australia. Therefore, when you graduate, you will be ready to compete and excel in a career field of your choice and thrive amongst some of the finest professionals in the industry and other competent overseas graduates.
English Proficiency Exam to Study in Australia
It is vital to submit English language scores to study in Australia from Nepal. The application process is often required by international entry exams such as PTE, SAT, TOEFL, GRE or IELTS. Every international student should take any of the acclaimed English tests to apply to an Australian University. At AECC Global Nepal, we offer English proficiency coaching to help Nepalese students score high in English language tests such as IELTS, TOEFL and PTE.
Preparing for study – a step-by-step guide
to the application & visa process
Australia has a stringent visa system in place, but we can help guide you through
the process and give you the best chance of success.
Here’s how it works:
- Register With AECC Global And Talk With An Education Counsellor
- Apply To Institutions With Our Help (We Have Great Working Relationships With Every One Of Them)
- Take up an English Test (IELTS, SAT, TOEFL or PTE)
- Receive Institution Offer Letter
- Collect Student Visa Documents
- Pay Tuition Fee And Ecoe
- Lodge Student Visa Medical
- Collect Visa Grant Letter
5 advantages of studying in Australia from Nepal
- Friendly people
- Go8 universities in Australia
- Readily available employment, accommodation, healthcare and transport
- Beautiful geography with lots of travel opportunities
- Affordable living
Speak with our experts
To study in Australia, simply leave your details below and we’ll call you for a FREE consultation.
Speak with our experts to study in Australia
To study in Australia, simply leave your details below and we’ll call you for a FREE consultation..
AECC Global provided great assistance on my student visa application in Melbourne, Australia. They made sure that I was on the right track as I extended my visa and kept me updated on the application process. Additionally, the team has been very approachable and always there to answer all my queries.
I am ever grateful to the competent team for helping me attain my student visa in no time. The consultation and customer services they provide is efficient and excellent.
AECC is very helpful and efficient. They helped me a lot and they are very professional. Good service and good quality.